On the Twos: CPT'S YOUTH PRODUCTIONS
CPT's youth components are dedicated to inspiring the next generation of theater practitioners as well as boosting the confidence and social emotional competencies of our youth. Throughout its seven-year history, CPT has instructed over one thousand youth in theater programs throughout New York City and Newark, NJ and thousands of young people have seen CPT's original youth productions that inspire young people to change perceptions of themselves, their abilities and their communities.
In 2017 CPT is excited to launch two new initiatives:
- The CPT Saturday Scholars Program is an independent series of workshops that combine artistic mentoring, cultural mentoring and teach students professional level performance skills.
CPT's In-school Assemblies are entertaining and thought-provoking for ALL grade levels. CPT Executive Director Shaun Neblett has developed a fun, communal and interactive assembly format in which:
- a student-body watches a play performed by 3 professional CPT actors.
- the play pauses for students to reason and contribute to the play's characters, conflict and resolution.
- selected students act alongside CPT Artistic Mentors.
- students discuss themes in the play with CPT's Artistic Mentors and their teachers.