Can We Brag a Little?
7 Accomplishments CPT HAS made in the past 7 years
1. Over the past 7 years Changing Perceptions has done amazing work for youth in schools and community organizations throughout NYC and Newark, NJ.
Parters and Funders Include:
- The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Harlem Commonwealth Council
- Harlem Stage
- The Dwyer Cultural Center
- The Eagle Academy for Young Men (Harlem, Bronx, Newark, Brooklyn Campuses)
- Children of Promise
- Partnership With Children
- New York Department of Youth & Community Development
- New York Department of Education
- Newark Arts Education Roundtable
- Coalition of Schools Educating Boys of Color (COESBOC)
- and many more...
2. Chirlane McCray, the First Lady of NYC loved our performance at the kick-off event for NYC Men’s Teach.
Students who participated in CPT’s Bros and Theater Mentoring program were selected to perform at the kick-off event for NYC Men’s Teach as a demonstration of “using the arts and culturally responsive teaching to develop a meaningful relationship with a mentor.” First Lady Chirlane McCray was amongst the full house that gave the performance a standing ovation.
3. Over 2500 young people have seen CPT's original youth productions.
Schools, libraries, and community organizations partner with Changing Perceptions Theater to teach youth how to create and perform theatrical works for their peers, families and and school environments. Over 2500 young people have seen CPT's original youth productions that inspire young people to change perceptions of themselves, their abilities and their communities